- See IHA’s Medication Policy here.
- If a student needs to receive any medication (including over the counter medications such as Advil/Tylenol) a form must be signed and returned to the nurse. Click here for Form A (Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen) and here for Form B.
- Medications must be sent to school in original containers only to be stored and dispensed by the nurse or trained delegate
Medications for Life Threatening Allergies or Asthma
- Students with life threatening allergies may carry and self-administer epinephrine. Form C and the Allergy Action Plan must be completed and turned into the nurse.
- Students with asthma may also carry and self administer inhalers. Form C and the Asthma Action Plan must be completed and turned into the nurse.
- Immaculate Heart Academy is mandated by the state of New Jersey to compile accurate and complete immunization records for each student. Each student must be up to date with all NJ Mandated Immunizations. Click here for more information on state mandated vaccines.
- As of August 2021, the Archdiocese of Newark no longer offers or accepts Religious Exemptions for any New Jersey-required immunizations. This information applies to all Newark Archdiocesan schools including Immaculate Heart Academy. The list of the specific required immunizations remains unchanged for 2022-23.