Leadership is an imperative characteristic that we foster and encourage at IHA. From the moment they become IHA students, our young women are inspired to become and remain independent and inspirational trailblazers among their peers.
First and foremost, our all-female environment empowers the young women of IHA to hold all leadership roles: in student government, among clubs and activities, and in their classes. The faculty and administration inspires students to make decisions, be their own advocates, and generate their own ideas, thoughts, and theories. Specific programs that encourage and enhance IHA students' leadership skills include:
- Personal Leadership course offered to all freshmen
- Big Sister/Little Sister program to provide one-on-one guidance for younger students
- Peer Mentoring program that allows mentors to lead and guide underclassmen during their time at IHA
- Eagle Ambassadors are the face and voice of IHA. They promote IHA to grammar school students and assist with open houses, placement testing, school visits, Blue Eagle for the Day visits, and other major school events.
- Liturgical Leadership where students are able to lead as Eucharistic Ministers, cantors, readers, and liturgy planners
- Christian Service Program to encourage volunteer work and leadership in the community through CARE groups and other organizations. Click for more information on Christian Service.