Immaculate Heart Academy is a lively and rewarding place to thrive as an educator and/or school professional. IHA seeks faculty, staff, and administration of the highest caliber, who are not only dedicated to the school’s mission and students’ academic success but who also understand and appreciate the benefits and opportunities of a Christian-based, all-girls, college-preparatory education.
IHA strives to develop every aspect of the individual by educating the mind and nurturing the spirit. By instilling in its students a sense of responsibility, confidence, justice, peace, and compassion, IHA prepares its students for life in the modern world. We need outstanding educators to complete that mission.
Current Open Teaching Positions
Please note, the below positions are updated as of March 29, 2023.
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time Algebra II teacher beginning in September 2023. A degree in Math, teaching experience, and teacher certification preferred.
Social Studies Teacher
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time World History and US History teacher beginning in September 2023. A degree in social studies, teaching experience, and teacher certification preferred.
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time English teacher beginning in September 2023. A degree in English, AP teaching experience, and teacher certification preferred.
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time Theology teacher beginning in September 2023. Candidates should possess a B.A. or higher in Theology, Religious Ed, or Catholic Studies and be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time Physics teacher beginning in September 2023. A degree in Physics, teaching experience, and teacher certification preferred.
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a full-time Latin teacher beginning in September 2023. A degree in Latin or a related field, teaching experience, and teacher certification preferred.
These positions are fantastic opportunities to join a collaborative and supportive community. Interested candidates should send letters of interest and resumes to Mrs. Maureen Layng, assistant principal for academics, at [email protected].
Current Open Staff Positions
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks an Educational Technologist beginning in September 2023. This 12-month position will be responsible for supporting teacher and student use of technology and maintaining the technology infrastructure throughout the school. The ideal candidate is a motivated professional with strong communication skills and experience in educational technology and systems administration. Prior teaching experience preferred. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Improve and maintain technology infrastructure including WiFi networks
- Troubleshoot and repair student and faculty Macintosh OS computers and iPads
- Develop plan for maintenance and replacement of technological hardware
- Order new computers, laptops, iPads, printers, etc. as necessary and maintain inventory
- Provide instructional support to faculty (hardware and software)
- Offer technology professional development for faculty and staff
- Create and install standardized images for the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade of devices
- Maintain and monitor student and faculty email
- Cooperate and coordinate with third-party technology vendors (projector installation, security cameras, etc.)
- Design and implement technology curriculum and development lessons for students (potential for one class and for supplemental lessons)
Communications Support Specialist
Immaculate Heart Academy seeks a talented communication support specialist to assist in our lively communications department. Responsibilities include filming at all school events, build and maintain project B-roll archives, maintain equipment inventory, assist faculty with video needs in the classroom, moderate student videography club, and the possibility for course development and teaching. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro desired.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with video needs during the school day and after school
- Assist with filming and editing Soaring Eagle
- Assist with filming and editing School Events (Plays, Musicals, Concerts, Assemblies)
- Assist with filming and editing Graduation
- Assist with filming and editing Course Selection/Welcome Videos/Informational and Honor Videos
- Shoot and archive footage of school day activities including classroom activities
- Build and maintain project and b-roll archives and ensure they are securely backed up
- Maintain inventory and keep a log of damaged/repaired equipment
- Assist faculty members with any video needs they may have for their classes
- Troubleshoot studio equipment problems
- Assist faculty and students in the use of the studio
- Act as moderator for the Get Reel! club and help them create fun/informative videos
- Train and assist students and faculty in the use of field equipment
- Train and assist students and faculty in the use of editing software
- Assist students and faculty with project conceptualization
- Attend all open houses
- Works 10 days over the summer (coordinated with Department Chair)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Miss Kerry Carroll, Principal, at [email protected].
Immaculate Heart Academy offers an excellent college preparatory curriculum, extensive extracurricular opportunities, and a strong foundation in Catholic values and service. Advanced degree and understanding of/experience in Catholic single-sex education desirable.
Immaculate Heart Academy considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin or ancestry, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other category protected under state and federal law.