MEDICAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
Students accepting admission to Immaculate Heart Academy are responsible for meeting all state and school requirements. These requirements include:
1. Compliance with NJ state immunization laws
2. An ANNUAL SUMMER Physical Examination
3. Mantoux tuberculin testing for some non-New Jersey residents
1. State Immunization Laws
Students not in compliance may not enter school in September. Students with pre-existing medical and/or religious exemptions must contact the nurse immediately and provide appropriate written documentation of these exemptions. Exemptions must be renewed in writing annually.
The requirements are:
Diptheria-Pertussis-Tetanus: 3 doses minimum (tetanus booster is recommended every 10 years). 1dose Tdap (for students born after 1/1/96)
Polio: 3 doses minimum Measles: 2 doses (for students born after 1/1/90)
Rubella: 1 dose minimum
Mumps: 1 dose minimum
Hepatitis B: 3 dose series or special 2 dose adolescent formulation (for students 11-15 years old)
Varicella: 1 dose (for students born after 1/1/98)
Meningococcal: 1dose (for students born after 1/1/96)
Mantoux Tuberculin Test: This is required for some students from countries other than US & some states other than NJ. You may check with the school nurse to see if it is required for your daughter.
2. Annual Summer Physical Examination
Your daughter’s health care professional must perform a comprehensive physical exam between June 1 and September 1. There are no exceptions to this requirement. This examination is required every summer while your daughter is a student at Immaculate Heart Academy. If your daughter usually has a physical another time of the year, you must make arrangements to have this exam done during the dates mentioned above. If this requirement poses a financial issue, please contact the school nurse immediately to discuss options to comply with the school’s policy. Please schedule an appointment early since the summer months are very busy in most health care professional’s offices.
IHA's Physical Exam Packet is emailed to you late in the spring.
If you are not a fall athlete, DO NOT MAIL OR DROP OFF THE COMPLETED PHYSICAL EXAM FORM AT SCHOOL. Forms will be collected in homeroom on the first day of school.
Athletes trying out for fall sports may hand in a copy of their completed exam before 12 noon to the Main Office during the summer. Exams will only be picked up on the following dates: June 14 by Noon, July 13 by Noon, or August 1 by Noon.
- If not handed in by one of the appropriate dates, the fall athlete must bring a copy of the completed form to the Athletic Director or trainer on the day the team first meets (around Aug. 15).
- Please DO NOT give the original completed form to the coach, trainer, or athletic director. Students without a copy of their completed physical exam may not tryout, practice, or compete. Students should hand in the original form to their homeroom teacher on the first day of school. Students attending summer sports camps at the IHA location or camps sponsored by IHA coaches should not give the original to that coach. Provide the coach at the camp with a copy of the completed form.
3. Tuberculin Test for some non-New Jersey Residents
This is generally not required for most students. Please contact the school nurse if you have questions.